Chatting with UK's Paralympic swimmer Rodgers

The UK’s Paralympic swimmer Susannah Rodgers talks about being a newcomer to international competitions, being selected for London 2012, her sporting idols, and Paralympics.
Susannah Rodgers is a Paralympic swimmer for the British team in the Olympic Games. She won five golds and one silver on her international debut at the 2011 IPC European Championships in Berlin and set two European records. She had also won bronze and silver at the 2011 British Championships. She is currently ranked third in the world for the 50m freestyle. The London-based swimmer is also working for the British Council. Here is an interview with Susannah Rodgers.

You are a relatively newcomer in the international competitions. When did you start swimming competitively?

I did do some swimming when I went to university when I was 21. I did training for a year and I competed. But I was doing a degree in Modern Languages, and as part of my degree I had to go and travel abroad for a year. So I stopped swimming. And it was only after I’d finished university that I got back to the swimming, and I got started competing again. And it went well and then it carried on from there.

Click here for full article (British Council Blog)

0 yorum:

Related Posts with Thumbnails